This medication is used to treat infections due to parasites (e.g., schistosoma and liver flukes).
This drug may also be used to treat some tapeworm infections.
• Take Biltricide exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
• Take Biltricide with a beverage during a meal.
• Do not crush or chew the tablets. Swallow them whole.
• Doses are usually taken three times in one day with no less than 4 hours but not more than 6 hours between doses. Follow your doctor's instructions.
• Fasting, laxatives, and purging will not help cure this infection.
• Store Biltricide at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Back to Drug Categories Page